Sunday, 16 January 2011

Autumn View

As I watch I wonder 
Do trees become irritated and bothered? 
As the wind howls against them 
Hurls them this way and that 
Their branches creak and dry 
And their leaves break free of their summer home 
Falling to the floor creating a colourful pathway 
A crackling carpet beneath our boots 
Through this windowed door, 
Though I am trapped inside for now, 
I watch the colours change 
A graduation of beauty 
The greens to oranges and pinks 
Some a darker shade of mauve 
Those stubborn Evergreens 
With their memories and promise of spring 
Stand firm against the chilling wind and rain 
As if an olive branch of peace 
Extended to remind of warmer climates to come 
Teasing yet hoping 
A bright contrast against the newly white sky 
The density of hurrying clouds 
Sometimes parting to reveal a paler blue 
And although this spectacular spectrum 
Tells tale that a cold winter is near 
I can’t help but eagerly look forward 
As more visual flavours are sure to appear







Charlotte Gardiner - September 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment