Sunday, 16 January 2011

Fanning the Flames

there's a fire breathing inside of me
with no way of release
one day I'll spontaneously combust
unless I find some way to let it shine through
glowing embers warm my thoughts
lighting my creative spirit
flames lick the backs of my eyes
sometimes I can even see the sparks
they make my brain burn
with ideas I don't know how to speak
so I write them
a sizzling array of fiery thoughts
confusing to anyone without that flame
a passionate desire to live
scarring my heart
at times it feels numb from the heat
yet still a mass of burning matter
maybe all it needs is a flash of lightening
to ignite a roaring furnace
ready to consume anyone I touch
anyone who dares fan the flame
of this fire crackling inside of me



Charlotte Gardiner - May 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment