Sunday, 16 January 2011

Picture Perfect

it's picture perfect
the way you look into my eyes
take my hand
and whisper in my ear
who would know?
that I follow you out of fear
that you looked into my eyes
with a silent threat
and took my hand
so I couldn't run away
the words you whispered
"I love you"
the three I dread
because it's not what I want to hear
tell me I can go
that you won't chase
and make me return
why won't you try and understand
that you've lost a part of me
and I'll never get it back
your hand is on my heart
so it won't fly away
my chest is tight
its getting harder to breathe
with every move you make
but we look so good together
that's what they say
if I looked as dead on the outside
as you make me feel on the inside
would I be free to go
could I trust you not to love me?
don't tell me I've broken your heart
because I won't pick up the pieces
the way we look
is not the way you look at me
if only this wasn't so 
picture perfect



Charlotte Gardiner - March 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment