Keep telling myself that
This is not the end
Though these walls
Are closing in around me
I wonder how long
Until I disappear from sight
Kicking and screaming
But no one can hear me
The pain inside my head
Will never show in my eyes
I don't need your sympathy
I need your arms around me
Stopping me from choosing
Death over this joke of a life
I feel trapped by your limits
Because I could do anything
Give me wings and I could fly
To where I don't have to feel
Your stare of contempt
For these gifts that aren't mine
Or I'd share them
Let the world see itself
Through my vision of life
I'd laugh at the jokes
The ironies and contradictions
Of those that call themselves 'friends'
They'd be surprised to find that
I chuckle with pity at
The things they make important
Mostly themselves
You all make me sick
Maybe my smiles are lies
So look closer and you'll see
The truth behind the frown
Don't tell me if you see it
I don't want your help
I only want your love
And all of me
The good with the bad
So I can push you away
Charlotte Gardiner - September 2006
No comments:
Post a Comment