Sunday, 16 January 2011

System Shut Down

I'm so tired
Shutting down
From the inside out
My eyes are closing
A daze of dull shades
Losing direction
Still crawling ahead
I need to stop
I need to die
And come back new
Check my vital signs
They're all still there
So why am I fading away
I can't cope with life
Nothing makes sense
Its all too hard
Just want it to stop
So I can get a grip
Of something that's real
I have no hope
Of anything but an end
To this nothingness
Faith has no substance
When I've been abandoned
There's no point in it
No point in living
When I'd rather die
I can hardly write these words
My eyes are closing
But I'm not yet dead
Still I continue shutting down
Because I can't take it any more
I've had enough



Charlotte Gardiner - February 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment