Sunday, 16 January 2011

Lazing Here

Lazing here
Think of all the times we've had
The sun beats down on my head
Bleaching what's already fair
The smell of cut grass in the air
Daisy chains beneath my fingertips
All the while I'm reminiscing on you
Wondering where you are under this blue sky

My heart is pumping raw emotion through my body
Every part aware that you're not here now
But the roads are too long
And the price was too high
For you to be here with me
Under this cloudless sky
So I'm under the weather
With no rain in sight
The tension crackling in my head
Is bound to cause a storm
And when the lightening strikes
I'll be bouncing off the walls
Hurtling through this space between us
With no destination but you

Knowing me, I'll be going around in circles
The whole time saying words I don't mean
Then taking them back with promises I can't keep
You always say you're through with it
But there you are again, dragging me back up
Every time that I stumble and fall
Cursing you as I go for the way you make me feel
When all you do is make me breathe
Through the days that I don't want to live

I look up and see a rain cloud sailing across the sky
Is this the end in sight?
The end of my confusion
Every time you say goodbye
And when the sun comes out again
Will I be here to bask in its warmth
To feel the breeze on my skin
And here the songbirds sing their song
Of everlasting peace to all
Will I get mine when we are done

But all this thinking ruins the glory of the day
So I close my eyes and miss you
Miss the you you are when you are you
When you are here with me
Cause all I really should be doing
Is lazing here



Charlotte Gardiner - May 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment